LL Bean winter clearance sale

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Sale

Reaction score
Nobleboro, Maine Avatar: Even my shadow hikes!
On Dec 24th I hiked with Magic, Bobandgeri, and Christine up Adams and Madison, and took this picture.

standard.jpg

I submitted it to a photo contest, and won! The prize was a gift certificate to LL Bean, so I decided to head south today and pick up the Gigapower they were holding for me. While I was there I found a Mountain Hardwear microfleece zip shirt for $32, so I picked it up as well.

Anyway, I wanted everyone to know they are blowing out their winter gear, up to 50% off the lowest tag price, which means incredible savings. I know this may sound like an advertisement, but I have nothing to do with them other than buy their gear. Soft shell pants for $30, down jackets, and the usual gamut of assorted items.

However, they are also blowing out a ton of gear in their main store, which to remind everyone, is open 24/7.

I did happen to notice they had some women's sleeping bags going cheap.

20° synthetic sleeping bag $70
Mountain Hardwear 15° Lamina bag, $110
Women's 0° down $125
Women's -20° down $105

These were in the camping section with all the other bags, but on the other side of the store were the hard and soft shell jackets at very nice prices, to include Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, and other non-Bean brands. Gloves, mitts, and hats are also marked down 50%. All snowshoes are marked way down, most are 50% off, the guy was marking them as I walked by.

I just wanted you all to know in case you were looking for anything. I should have taken more notes...

<edit> Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this is at their Freeport, Maine store. I have no idea as to what's going on at their other stores. The new Outdoors catalog is coming out next week though. </edit>

Last edited:
Were lucky here in NE to have LL outlets. I'm tall and find they have the best selection. We've saved many $$$ over the years for the family.
This past sale there I bought Xcrountry ski package's for wife and me, 5 down jackets at $27.00 each, 3 pairs of great lined pack boots at $25 each, flannel lined jeans for $16.00 each,plus much more. We get while the gettings good.

We always stop at the outlets year round. It's hit or miss.

We even stopped at the one in Maryland on our way to Fla. this year and found great deals on winter stuff as it isn't cold down there as much and the stuff doesn't sell well to locals. Ha.

I feel for those through out the usa and world who shop retail online or catalogs.

Nice pic.

The residue of design

Talk about luck being the residue of design. You're lucky (and very skilled) to be able to take a picture as beautiful as that but think of all the work (climbing) and preparation and practice that went into putting you in that place to take that picture.
It's stunning. Very nice.

that really is a fabulous pic! great job. :)

Wow! Nice picture!!

I was at Beans the other night and saw a pair of the MSR Lightening assents for 50% off!!! The pair I saw was in the hunting/fishing store...not sure if or how many may be in the main store.

-MEB

When at the retail store yesterday I saw maybe a half dozen pair of adult size snowshoes (actually, I think I only saw 36" versions) but a ton of youth ones (both 16 and 19"). I wonder what happened to all the adult ones I saw last week.

Saw some new The North Face backpacks (Skareb and Akila-sp?-) they have there...lightweight. 3-3500 cu. in. one weighed 2 lbs 13 oz at most, including the rain cover. But of course it cost $169.

Ausgeseichnet!

But just where and when was it taken? I'm thinking it's Washington and Clay from Adams taken mid to late afternoon? Can we get a link to the hi-res photo? (or did you sign away rights to it when you entered the contest?)

Bob Kittredge said:
Ausgeseichnet!
But just where and when was it taken? I'm thinking it's Washington and Clay from Adams taken mid to late afternoon? Can we get a link to the hi-res photo? (or did you sign away rights to it when you entered the contest?)

I can answer that! It was taken from a top Mt Adams on December 24th at @ 3:30 PM looking at Mt Washington. I have the same shot - cropped a little bit to bring things closer. It was a great present to get on Xmas Eve.

http://rbhayes.net/latest/madison-adams12-24-05/html/IMG_0219.htm

I just didn't think to enter into a phto contest. Mark - your going to have to share with me this weekend what contests are around I can enter some of my photos :>

Charly said:
Headed there right ......now! :D

Hope you made out Charly. They usually end the sale last day of Feb. the sale started earlier in Feb. and was picked out quick. I returned later on this month and the place was packed and picked out good.

Early bird gets the worm I guess. But with that kind of discount over already discounted prices there must always be something.

Jim

Nice image! It transports the viewer to your experience. The eye swims back and forth, near and deep. Really nice! :)

CaptCaper said:
Hope you made out Charly. They usually end the sale last day of Feb. the sale started earlier in Feb. and was picked out quick. I returned later on this month and the place was packed and picked out good.

Early bird gets the worm I guess. But with that kind of discount over already discounted prices there must always be something.

Jim

Nope, ended up buying nothing there. I liked the 0* down sleeping bag, but decided against it right now. I was there a little over a week ago too and saw nothing really amazing.