Lone & Rocky 3/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drweo

Reaction score
Group of 5 followed a faint track along the Fisherman's Path and up the ridge to Lone. The track was exactly on my compass bearing, so we stayed with it, right to the canister. Over to Rocky following a more definite track, but one which was pretty convoluted, though it did lead eventually to the canister. (I'm not criticizing or saying I could have done a better job finding the canister, just describing what's there.) From there we went back to Lone, so that track is pretty defined now. Then we followed another track over to the trail between Table/Peekamoose and exited over and down Table. That trail is well-packed.
There was a lot more snow (2-3 ft) on these mts than we expected. Sometimes it was powder, sometimes, on exposed slopes, mushy from the sun. The day stayed cooler than Sat., though of course the sun in the open areas was nice. Overall a beautiful day. The Neversink Valley is beautiful, there are open (winter) glades on these bushwhacks that are just inviting, and the forest is beautiful.
Congratulations to Tonda H. on completing her winter 35 on Rocky!!!!. (Just 2 more to go for me.)