Looking for afterhike restaurants in Stark,Groveton,Lancaster Area?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSC

Reaction score
Hello,
Some friends and I are hiking in Stark (Percy Peaks) on Monday,Labor Day. Good food after is required. Any ideas? Will be heading south after.
Thanks in advance
WSC

My suggestion would be to go to the Mountain View Grand and sit on the porch, drink some beers and enjoy the view. There isn't much for good food up in them parts. This is just my opinion and some may beg to differ.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to go to the Mountain View Grand and sit on the porch, drink some beers and enjoy the view. There isn't much for good food up in them parts. This is just my opinion and some may beg to differ.

Wholeheartedly agree. You can even dine in the tavern area. The food's good and they have some options not too pricey.

There isn't much for good food up in them parts. This is just my opinion and some may beg to differ.

Won't serve your trip since they are closed on Monday's, but a diamond in the rough that formerly was in Gorham. Been there twice since they moved to across from Simon The Tanner in downtown Lancaster:

Moonbeam Café http://www.themoonbeamcafe.com/welcome/?LNG=44

Not just good food but the best homemade and fresh ingredients, very wholesome.

Some people say Scorpio's is really good (it always full with motorcyclists) and there is also an Irish Pub (JL O Sullivan's I think)....both would be on the right side of downtown Lancaster as you travel southbound....both have outside deck too...sure you will find something, as we North Country people haven't starved yet!!!

Just plan on wherever you go to be crowded to the max. MVG, may get less transient traffic. Given this past weekend as an example, all parking lots were full with lines out the doors. Many tourist businesses are short staffed so even if they can fit folks in, getting served is going to take awhile. Lot to be said for tailgating with a cooler and small gas grille up in Nash Stream, cant beat the location.