LWJ-Gothics camping spots?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkpooh

Reaction score
We are planning a weekend in the Great Range (UWJ - Gothics). Sadly, my ADK Guide map is a few years old and my web searches are not turning up much.
My big question is if the Wolf Jaws lean-to still exists? And either way- are there designated camping spots in that vicinity? I am just afraid that what I believe to be DEC lean-tos and any available camping might actually be part of the JBL/ADK. While there is no time like the present to become a member...our shaky plans leave us uncertain about our arrival- and we can't commit to reservations. While it we could do it all as a day hike......we were looking to kill a couple days in the area.

Oh....last question.... might anyone know if the Wolf Jaws lean-to still has the little bear problem it had a few years ago? Of course the bear vault will be coming along.....just nice to know..

Thanks for any info!!
ADK

The Wolf Jaw lean-to still exists. There is at least one good sized campsite close by as well.

The JBL lean-to's are available to members and non-members alike. Non-members just pay a little more. Reservations need to be made for the JBL lean-to's.

Last edited:
The Wolfjaws lean-to is definitely still there. I took a brake there last weekend. Be careful of the chipmunk. Don't take an eye off of him.