Madison via Brookside & Watson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rols

Reaction score
Trail Conditions: Brookside was in perfect condition. Water crossings were of no difficulty. Watson path was also in great condition. Airline was used for the descent. It was wetter than I expected making things occasionally a bit slippery. A thick layer of leaves covered the trail at the lower elevations. This caused the need for extra care for footing and staying on the trail

EQUIPMENT: Carried stabilicers for the first time for the season but were not needed (no signs of snow or ice). A shell and light gloves were used above treeline (Temps were quite moderate but the wind was steady.

Comments: It was a classic Fall day to be in the mountains. I hadn't done Watson Path or Brookside so I thought it would be the perfect occasion. I was very impressed with both trails. Brookside was a delightful trail with some great photo ops along the brook. I found Watson Path to be equally pleasant. I was truely impressed with this route to Madison (Valley Way can't compare), It was a great Fall day to be in the mountains. Temps were comfortable, visibility was grea and there was lots of color left in the woods.