Maine Photo Quiz

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did the loop not as a loop - up Marston to the S/N Brother col, out over N to Fort and back, then over to S, out to Coe, and all the way back to go back down Marston. I guess at that point in the day I just wasn't noticing anymore. :)

As for the cairns, unfortunately, they were not there a few weeks ago. But I think we might have seen them back in 2005? B&J or Cantdog, do you remember?

second try at 1

I'm still pretty sure #1 is in Acadia -

I think the photo is looking at from L to R at Pemetic, the Triad, and the Bubbles and is taken from the small peak north of the North Bubble (the Nubble or something?)

Michaelj, if you did the loop clockwise, you wouldn't have noticed the scene unless you happened to turn around at the right time.

The right time being October :)

Raymond said:
Kibby is correct. The canister jar was apparently in pieces at the foot of the ladder. I didn't even notice it, and my son didn't mention it until after we'd gone down. We still had Mount Snow to climb that afternoon, so we didn't bother going back up just to look for a register.
If you look at this photo of Kibby from 1983 you will see how much improved its condition is now:
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/vines/5923/kibby.jpg

LOLOL

Please put me out of misery, someone!

#1 Penobscot, The Bubbles and Sargent, in Acadia Nat'l park.

doesn't answer the question of " where was the pic taken from" on that I'd have to say Pemetic.

Breeze

Last edited:
Sorry to keep you waiting, Breeze.

Chipc is correct. Conners Nubble is the name of the mountain, part of one of my favorite Acadian hikes (North Bubble, Conners Nubble, around to Jordan Pond, then up and over South Bubble).

That just leaves Number 7. No more guesses?

It's on the 3000-Footer list, it was threatened by a wind farm (I climbed it after Roy pointed out the threat a couple years ago), and it has a sub-peak also on the 3K list.

Each peak has a canister register. Just after I signed into the-peak-in-question's register, a couple guys GPSing the road they were hoping to build on that mountain came along, and I assume they signed in, too.

The lower peak's register was placed by Dennis Crispo 20 years to the day before I was there, and a number of people who had signed it were from other parts of the country and many of them wrote of reaching the canister by avoiding "Commies," if that's any help.

Raymond said:
That just leaves Number 7. No more guesses?

It's on the 3000-Footer list, it was threatened by a wind farm (I climbed it after Roy pointed out the threat a couple years ago), and it has a sub-peak also on the 3K list.
Well, you've said enough to identify it, of course the clearing and tower weren't there when I was a couple years after DC