Marcy Dam Leaking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this link!

I walked by there this weekend and wondered why the water was so low. Now I know!

It will be amusing to watch the song and dance that is used to try to justify fixing this dam right away, but not fixing the Duck Hole dam. Especially in light of the push in the last few years to apply "Wilderness" limitations to the Marcy Dam area.

TCD said:
It will be amusing to watch the song and dance that is used to try to justify fixing this dam right away, but not fixing the Duck Hole dam. Especially in light of the push in the last few years to apply "Wilderness" limitations to the Marcy Dam area.

It looks like they are going to repair Marcy Dam. In doing so this should give a lot of leverage to get Duck Hole dam repaired.

lumberzac said:
It looks like they are going to repair Marcy Dam. In doing so this should give a lot of leverage to get Duck Hole dam repaired.
If funds are limited, they may be only able to repair one. (I don't know how much funding is available, just mentioning the possibility.)

Doug

i guess funding could be a problem BUT man power to help rebuild duck hole will not!!!

i agree with a previous respsone in that it will be interesting to see the fancy foot work to get that precious marcy damn back in full operation..

this bodes well for duck hole!!

I think the key to getting funding for Duck Hole dam and Cedar Lakes dam is to try and get them some sort of historical status. This would open up all kinds of government grant money.

the bridge is separate but I think structurally integrated.

DSC06308_Crp_Prc_regular.jpg

Sorry I haven't been involved in this thread after starting it , I've been out of town for the last few days.I have no doubt , that they will make the repair.
The problem is which program or project will suffer.