marmot rime jacket

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
could somebody tell me what the big deal about these things is? They have them at llbeans for 190 bucks, marked down to 119 or 90 sometimes. I wondered what the big sell about them was. Nothing against them, but I wondered why such a small seeming jacket is priced so high. Maybe there is something incredible about them that I don't know.

I have a friend that has one, and he never takes it off he loves it so much. We went ice climbing last Friday and he inadvertently tore a hole in it with one of the ice screws, and is really bummed. He said it's so good he pay full price for one next time, but he doesn't own a down jacket, so he had nothing comparable to make a determination.

hikerfast said:
could somebody tell me what the big deal about these things is? ...
Just having the Marmot logo on it is worth about 50% ;) .
Actually, I'm not sure about the Rime, but my favorite piece of clothing is a Marmot driclime windshirt. I thought it was overpriced when I bought it, but haven't regretted it since.

Oldsmores said:
Just having the Marmot logo on it is worth about 50% ;) .
Actually, I'm not sure about the Rime, but my favorite piece of clothing is a Marmot driclime windshirt. I thought it was overpriced when I bought it, but haven't regretted it since.

I ordered a Marmot Driclime jacket since a few VFTT people spoke highly of it. I'm not sure i will keep it--it didn't have zip pockets, which I really like in a jacket and it was expensive. Also I'm not sure if wearing two layers of wicking material might serve the same purpose. Anyone have any other ideas??