Mellow hikes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejoe

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have never done this before so here goes.

I get out of this cast in a week. I don't even know what I'll be allowed or physically capable of doing. I'm pretty sure my usual hiking/climbing partner (my brother) will not want to go out with me. We generally go at a fast pace and there will be none of that for a while. Also complicating this is the fact that I don't own a car so I have no way to get up north. My girlfriend may want to go hiking now that I'm slowed down, but our schedules are often different.

So in the next few weeks if I'm allowed to do day hikes, I'd like to offer up my company in exchange for a lift up north & gas money of course. I know its not a lot to offer. On the upside I live on Rt 1 about 2 miles off 95 in Topsfield, so I'm easy to get on the way up north.

Look, I just want to get out and I didn't want to solicit help, but circumstances have forced my hand. I'm 32 & strong (well, I was). I've done most of my hiking in the winter, so I'd like to do some hikes in the summer. I am willing to set my sites on lower peaks since I've done the Presidentials.

Thanks,
Joe.