Monadnock 7-25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheomet

Reaction score
After a 45 min drive to the Monadnock Park HQ I was starting my first real hike this year, been real busy working so far this year. There was plenty of cars in the parking lot, probably around 40 or so, so I expected some company. Took off up the white dot at 9:35, passed a couple people on the way up and reached the summit at 10:30 where I was amazed to find that I had the summit all to my self! :eek: There was a lot of haze on the horizon, but having solitude on a nice summer day on the top of Monadnock made up for it. Lounged around the summit for a little while and had a snack while enjoying the peace and quiet. Just as I left the top at 10:45 I finally saw another hiker coming onto the summit. Went back down the white dot and saw a lot more people coming up, including a group of 30 or so summer camp kids, they were at the first steep rock part and they all looked to be enjoying themselves. :cool: I had forgot how much fun the white dot is to rock hop down, I had a blast running down it! Reached the bottom at 11:20 to finish a nice hike on Monadnock, here's a couple of pics that I took and a pano from the top.