Monodnock date change - 11/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountainhound said:
i haven't been on here in awhile. but just thought you folks might like to hear my opinion. leaves are allready changing here. snow is very likly around that time.

WooHoo!! The beginning of hiking season!!

I would really like to join all of you, and bring my wife. My parents have tentatively agreed to babysit. Yay. It would be better for us for this to be a toned down hike, with a later start time (10am-ish). Does anyone else have these requirements?

-percious

I just spoke to Andrew,the park manager at Monadnock. He will hold a group site or several family sites for us for the night of Nov. 13. They aren't supposed to hold sites for adult groups,but Andrew is a great guy,and hooked us up!
The cost will be $7.50 per camper at the door,and we will have room for about 20 if needed.

Quietman.I 'm sure camping Friday night won't be a problem.Just tell them to put you on the site for the VFTT group. I thought most people would camp Saturday,rather than drive back after hiking. I would expect the NY folks wouldn't arrive till late Friday night and have to set up in the dark.
Soooo. the question is-
Who wants to camp Friday Night 11/12??
Who wants to camp Saturday Night 11/13??

I can go if someone else can give me a ride. I live in the Boston area, and if need be I can take the commuter rail out as far as Fitchburg to be picked up.

Technetium said:
I can go if someone else can give me a ride. I live in the Boston area, and if need be I can take the commuter rail out as far as Fitchburg to be picked up.

I live in Leominster, about 5 minutes from the commuter rail. You could go with me. You might want to line up an auxiliary ride or two back to the rail afterwards as I don't know how long I can stay for the post-hike festivities, however.

Mark

Skimom

I pass by EMS's main store in Peterborough every Saturday. I'll try to let you know if they have any good deals. Nothing on the web at the moment but often times they have specials at the store. Any special requirements?

Count me in! I'll be bringing my friend, Priscilla, and possibly her boyfriend, Thom, with me.

Can't wait!

Ivy,any tent you have is fine for cold weather. The only real difference in a "4 season" tent is the ability to hold up under a snow load. I have spent several 20o nights in our trusty cheapo Wal-Mart tent.
Make sure you have a toasty sleeping bag and a good ground insulation and you will be fine.

Too cold for camping? I don't think I understand!:D