Montreal Gathering 10-06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timmus said:
Here is a recap on the Montreal VFTT Gathering :

Five people are coming (according to this thread)
No specific time was decided (7PM ?)
We wear headlamps (so we can all look stupid)
It is tomorrow (unless it is cancelled for all the reasons above)

Please re-confirm.

I'll be there and I'll bring my headlamp (no guarantees on actually wearing it though hehehe).

I think the first person there should tell the waitress or bartender /whatever that we're with the views from the top group. Any subsequent arrival could just ask the waitress / whatever where the group is. I should be arriving 6:30'ish.

Nathalie and I will be there around 6pm. I'll bring a VFTT sticker for id.
See ya Thursday night.

The bar is walking distance from my place so if I have time tonight, I'll go to the bar to get GPS coordinates and will give you all the beta tomorrow morning. :D

I know it's a bit late to chime in, but I think it's very sad that Neil, the brand new 46er and the one who started this thread, can't be there (along with Louis, and some others). Would it be better to choose another Thursday? The next one, maybe? As for me, a long weekend is coming, so tomorrow evening I must prepare all my gear 'cause I'm leaving Friday afternoon right after finishing work (that's why I can't stay very long). If we push it back, I'll be able to stay much longer (and drink more :cool: ).

What do you think?

Meo said:
I know it's a bit late to chime in, but I think it's very sad that Neil, the brand new 46er and the one who started this thread, can't be there (along with Louis, and some others). Would it be better to choose another Thursday? The next one, maybe? As for me, a long weekend is coming, so tomorrow evening I must prepare all my gear 'cause I'm leaving Friday afternoon right after finishing work (that's why I can't stay very long). If we push it back, I'll be able to stay much longer (and drink more :cool: ).

What do you think?

I was debating bringing that up too. I guess it would be ok with me as well if we pushed it back to another Thursday. Is next Thursday ok for everyone?

Fish

Next Thursday is fine with me. Got to pack too. I'll see you this weekend Meo.

Arm, Mont Albert is a much nicer peak than Jacques-Cartier. Torngats would be nice but air fare is extremely pricy. Don't have a fire arm to keep polar bears away either. See you Sunday. :D

Next Thursday would be great! Hey, with all this new blood it'll be the biggest Mtl. gathering EVER! See you all there.
P.S. Fish, that was just a joke about wearing headlamps :rolleyes:
Just look around for the people with the hypertophied calf muscles. :D

Put my name on the list but i need to know detail please, at what time, name of the place, address etc.
How many people? and who's on the final list?

yvon said:
Put my name on the list but i need to know detail please, at what time, name of the place, address etc.
How many people? and who's on the final list?
Check the first post.
There is no known time or list. Jean was supposed to post GPS coordinates but can't find his batteries.
In order to facilitate finding fellow VFTTers how about none of us wearing any clothes except for neoprene face masks?

Ok for the for the location, we need to know arround what time "le rendez-vous". At that place can we eat or we go eat before or....?

Other than popcorn maybe, I don't think they serve food there. I'm going to show up at around 7 or 7:30, after having eaten.

yvon said:
At that place can we eat or we go eat before or....?

They do serve food there. Pizza and wings. Nothing fancy.

For the coordinates, I'm having a hard time squeezing those darn C batteries in my Garmin GPS. :D

Ok, we have the direction and address of the place, they serve food so we can eat there. But at what time or arround? I finish work at 4. If it is later i make my scedule or i could go to the gym before.

Jean, by the way, did you and Nath manage to complete your NH 100 last weekend on Goose Eye? If so, congratulations :)

We'll drink to that tomorrow ;)