Mount Adams via multiple trails (17 July 2014)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 17 July 2014

Trails: Valley Way, Brookside, Watson Path, Scar Trail, Air Line, Gulfside, Lowe's Path. Descent via Air Line, Gulf Side, Valley Way.

Conditions: trails are in great shape on this route. No blowdowns, very little mud even with the recent heavy rains. Breeze kept the bugs at bay and sun was not that intense. Ideal. The section of Watson Path between Valley Way and the Scar Trail is faint. Wore gloves and a hat for awhile high on Adams.

Comments: Another perfect day. I ran into two guys on the summit who were finishing up a NB traverse and doing well. Bought them each a slice of bread at the hut and then I happily sucked down what may have been the best 7 summits bar and the worst cup of coffee I ever had before heading out the Valley Way. The route was because a friend convinced me to try to run the Mount Adams Challenge route and see if I could make the "latte threshold" time of 2:10 just for the halibut. After acquiring some coffee-fueled ambition, I managed it with 4 minutes to spare, but will not likely start a trail running habit! I probably ran less than 20% of the route.

Last edited: