Mt. Chocorua--Oct. 16

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinista

Reaction score
I'll be in Conway for a work conference this upcoming weekend, but I'm hoping things wind down in time for me to head to Mt. Chocorua on the way home on Sunday.

Anyone interested? If so, drop me a line or PM, and we can coordinate. FYI, I'll have limited computer access after Friday morning, so if this interests anyone, please get in touch sooner rather than later!

I'm thinking of a 10 a.m. start time at a trailhead TBA.

I was planning on doing Mt. Chocorua the other week (mid-week) but decided not to due to weather. If it ever stops raining, I'll join you. Would you mind if I brought my 2 huskies?

Lucky you, getting to go into the Whites for work!

Warren (also a Yankees fan! shhhh...don't tell anyone!)

Solitary Hiker said:
I was planning on doing Mt. Chocorua the other week (mid-week) but decided not to due to weather. If it ever stops raining, I'll join you. Would you mind if I brought my 2 huskies?

Lucky you, getting to go into the Whites for work!

Warren (also a Yankees fan! shhhh...don't tell anyone!)

Pooches are more than welcome! And let's keep our fingers crossed for tonight's game!

Welcome home!!! Wow I bet you have a few stories
to tell us about the hurrcaine. Nice to have planned
your meeting in the Whites. Mtnpa and I would
like to join you. Just let us know when & where
on Oct. 16.

mtnmama said:
Welcome home!!! Wow I bet you have a few stories
to tell us about the hurrcaine. Nice to have planned
your meeting in the Whites. Mtnpa and I would
like to join you. Just let us know when & where
on Oct. 16.

Awesome! I'll look at the trail guide and maps tonight and try to come up with a plan! I'll have enough stories from Nawlins to tell for the rest of my life! :D

Forestnome made a great point in his high water warning post that Champney Falls is beautiful right now with the high water.

Having been there in spring, I'll second it. Especially if Pitcher Falls is running in the little box canyon. The Champney Falls Trail is a beautiful route up Chocorua, easy, and not in any way affected by the high water other than the views on the side trail that goes to the falls. I'd recommend that route for you.

I even have a few shots so you can see...

Champney Falls Trail it is then. I'll be there at the trailhead off the Kanc at 10 a.m. on Sunday for anyone who would like to join in on the fun!

I'm not a Yankee fan, but I do have a Dog. If the weather cooperates you may see me on this one. Have you thought about doing the Beeline Trail to the Bolles in conjunction with Champney Falls? Makes for a nice loop. Both trails start from the same parking lot(Champney and Bolles Trails)

Last edited:
Update

FYI, I'm not feeling well at the moment (classic signs of a bad cold or flu in the offing), so if I'm not at the trailhead by 10:15 a.m., please take off. Hopefully a glass of vino at tonight's reception will stave off whatever bug is trying to invade me. :(