Mt. Crawford (plus) via Davis Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikrgrl

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 3/24/12

Trail Conditions: South of Mt. Crawford: mostly DRY. A couple of muddy spots and a few easily avoided patches of ice. By the time you read this, those will likely be gone.
On the northern aspect, however, there's still plenty of slushy snow, and what's there is rotting out from underneath. Only went north 0.2 or maybe 0.3 mi on Davis beyond the Crawford spur.

Special Equipment Required: South of Mt Crawford: I could have worn my trail runners. If I'd had more time, north of Crawford, I'd maybe have pulled my snowshoes off my pack but I didn't know how long the snow would last.

Comments: The two stream crossings near the beginning of the trail were easily rock-hoppable, even in the late afternoon. While I did not expect such pleasant early spring hiking conditions (little-to-no mud, no bugs), it makes sense, as this is the southern side of the mountain. Nice views, but crazy to see so little snow on Mt. Washington in late March!

Your name: Ducky & Mad-dog

Your E-mail address: hikrgrl/gmail