Mt Hunger + White Rock Mtn via Waterbury Trail & White Rock Mtn Trail: 21-Aug-2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
Mt Hunger + White Rock Mtn via Waterbury Trail & White Rock Mtn Trail: 21-Aug-2012

The Waterbury Trail is generally in good shape. However, somewhere at about the midway point of the trek, there is evidence that Tropical Storm Irene might have been responsible for deeply eroding some short segments of the trail. There are a few short re-routes at some of the more heavily damaged areas. The upper part of the trail has some ledges that are moderately challenging.

The trail over to White Rock appears to be lightly travelled, but it's in very good shape. I was unaware that the final sprint to the top of White Rock involved hiking a 0.15 mile spur trail.
A large portion of the spur trail involves scrambling up steep ledges and a few other challenging (but fun) rock structures. I think this trail would be dangerous in wet conditions.

My BLOG has some photos.