Mt Jefferson via Caps Ridge Trail - 7/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: July 6, 2014

Trail Conditions: The Caps Ridge Trail was in good shape. A tiny bit of bridged mud at the start as is typical, then nothing of concern the rest of the way... with exception to one easy under blowdown. That said, for the life of me I don't remember it on the way down so perhaps someone cut if back.

Special Equipment Used: We brought poles but we didn't really "need" them. We also brought bug spray and needed it on the lower sections. As soon as we started on the Caps, the wind did its job of keeping the bugs away.

Comments: I hiked this one for work. I had a group for the weekend for a two-day wilderness navigation course. On day one I taught map and compass and we performed a couple of flawless bushwhacks. On day two I left it up to the group. A longer, more complex bushwhack or a simple hike on a trail of my choosing with emphasis on outdoor education. They chose the latter so I brought them up CRT. They LOVED it!

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
North Conway NH