Mt Mansfield loop from Underhill 9/13/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDawg

Reaction score
Trails: CCC Rd., Maple Ridge, LT North, Sunset Ridge

Conditions: No trouble anywhere. 0 blowdowns. Good climb up Maple Ridge, great views. A few interesting scrambles and one "leap of faith" over a 3-4 foot chasm. Fun! Very little in the way of mud along the whole route. Breezy above treeline but not enough to knock me around, perfect. Late start, only saw a handful of people.

Comments: A fine return to Mansfield after being socked with blowing fog/rime ice in on my first visit last fall during my LT thru-hike. Left my Native Sunglasses laying on the ground at the Maple Ridge/CCC Road "junction." Realized 30 minutes later so instead of losing major elevation backtracking, I completed the loop and hoofed it out the CCC Rd and back again to make it a 11 mile day. Glasses found and safe, great afternoon. Mansfield is a great ridgewalk, and easier on the eyes going north once you pass the towers and are only looking towards the summit.

All I could do not to say "F it," and head south on the Long Trail to MA from "The Forehead." *Sighhh*

Pictures

Last edited: