Mt. Marcy #46 10/23/2004

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adksteve

Reaction score
This was #46 for my son and I and I think we barely squeezed this one out without using crampons. We started last September and finshed on this day - not bad. We plan on working on our winter 46 with 5 of those completed last winter. This was a great hike - I was happy for the ice and snow because it made this 46th peak memorable.

Next year we are planning to work on the Long Trail in Vermont and possibly a few hikes in the White Mountains.

I would like to say thanks to some of the people who replied to my questions posted on this site. Your comments were helpful. I also had the opportunity to provide information to others regarding some of our hikes. This site is an excellent resource.

I hope to meet some of the regulars from this site on the trail some day. Thanks again for the input.

46-R x 2

Steve, It must be great to finish the 46 with your son. Congrats to you both! If all the new 46'rs show up at the Spring meeting, it will be some party! Way to go.

Congrats Steve, so at least I know of two 46rs that beat my 20 months for completion this year. Interesting that Marcy was left for last, was that on purpose?

I also have 5 winter peaks and will be climbing a few this year. Keep me informed and maybe we can connect on some hikes. :)