Mt. Moriah and Cathedral Ledge (the beer that is) June 24

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
On Saturday morning (06/24) Channel 9 (Manchester) reported that the rain would be clearing around late morning. I threw my gear into the truck and headed north. My goal was Mt. Moriah, for me #31 in the NH 48K "hit parade." The footing on the Stoney Brook Trail was fine with the exception of a few really muddy areas and all stream crossings were easy. I made good time on the Carter-Moriah Trail and the views from Moriah's southern ledges were beautiful even with the somewhat limited visibility. I met up with FreightTrain at the Moriah summit whose fragrant cigar helped to repel the flies which were now gathering overhead. Also at the crowded summit were a group of about seven from the Boston Chapter of the AMC. I encountered them again on the hike down and their leader, Gail, invited me to join them for a meal and brew at the Moat Mountain Pub. I had a great time with this group and was invited to join them on future hikes. What started out as a solitary hike turned out to be quite a social event. It was also my first time at this pub. Great place!

Last edited:
Ray if you like the Cathedral ledge Lager you can usually get it up at the Flat Bread inside the Eastern Slope Inn also. I like the Flat Bread's Pizza better than the Moat's. But either place it sure tastes good after doing a hike like Moriah!Glad you had a good time. :D

I'm glad you got to get in a hike with all the rainy weather we have been having. Moriah will be my # 48 and I am looking forward to some pretty views from the top! I've eaten at both the "Moat" and Flatbread and like them both, but nothing tops the sweet potato fries at the Moat :)
kmac

It sounds like your day got better as it went along. Ours also went well. Hope to see you on thr trail again.

FreightTrain