Mt. Tecumseh 4/22/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Early Bird

Reaction score
Started at the Waterville Valley Trailhead, first and only hiker car in the lot. Trail was in good shape with snow after a couple of minutes hiking. Stream crossings were no trouble in hiking shoes with poles. I wore microspikes from just before the view after the last stream crossing to the summit and back to the same spot. There is still plenty of snow from the ski trail junction to the summit. It is packed down and fully covering the trail, no monorail yet. Trail maintenance has been done so that there is no trouble with fallen trees. The couple of felled treees I came across were easily stepped over. There are good views now that some trees were cut from the summit also. On the way out I met a PSU student doing research on the maple tree buds, all the trees marked with pink research tape. No buds yet. Saw three turkeys and heard two kinds of woodpecker drumming. A couple of squirrels chattered.

Happy Earth Day!