Mt Tecumseh: Tecumseh trail (waterville side), Sosman trail, down ski slope

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Date of Hike: Tuesday 10/02/12

Trails: Up Tecumseh from Waterville Valley side, Sosman trail to top of ski area, down ski slopes (intermediate slopes - no diamonds).

Trails where wet and damp but not much mud or standing water. Fresh cover of wet new fallen leaves - but not really slippery. Yellow blazes was more than adequate for following trail where leaves had covered it.
Ski slopes were damp with some running water down them and a bit slippery in higher grass spots.

Special equipment required: adjustable trekking poles were a big help for me coming down the slopes.

Comments: Weather and foliage couldn't have been better. Fantastic panaramic views of foliage and mountains all the way down.
Wasn't sure about my choice to take the slopes down but it was worth the views and was faster and probably a bit easier on my knees then trekking down the long stone staircase. Half a dozen turkeys kept scurrying by me on the way down. Shortest and easiest 4k I've done yet.

Marvin from RI 27/48