Mt Washington sat 10/22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
just dying to start kicking snow again - would anyone be interested in going up washington on sat?? - the ice formations described on the site have me interested - assuming they are still there on sat.

this would depend on avalanche/falling ice conditions and weather.

Last edited:
we might be in that area on sat/sun
trying to figure out if we can pitch a tent somewhere either on jefferson or on washington off the jewell trail... I guess it really depends on the weather too!

route: I am flexible. Not sure what tucks would be like - might be an ice climb now - who knows - if thats not in the cards, could do neslon crag or even bootspur link - or could do ammo or jewel. totally in planning stages right now and just seeing if there is interest.

It sounds like crampons and ice axe probably needed.

anita: are you in for hooking up with others - or do you guys just want to stick to yourselfs?

Im looking at Pinnacle

Hey, I am looking to do Pinnacle, if it looks ok. I am totally iffy on the avy conditions, as a member posted in my other post. If not, we might try a diff route and see you guys at the top? :)

Yes - sunday looks the worse of both days (in fact it looks awful) - right now I am aiming to be off washington by mid-afternoon on sat - looks like weather is going to go downhill after that.

Tentative plans - meet at pinkham friday night or early sat am. would like to camp at hermit lake and get nice early start and be off the summit by 11am.

friday at hermit lake is not in stone - this will depend on what group decides. if we go up sat - want to go pretty early and be below ravines prior to any rain - thats the plan anyway.

giggy: I don't think we'd mind company, but we still don't know whether we're doing jefferson or washington, also everything still depends on weather. the plan was to drive down on saturday morning, hike a few miles, set up camp and hang out. then sunday morning get up early and summit (if jefferson, summit then head out to adams and back), then get to car and drive home.

anita,
There is a great campsite on the Jewell trail, its still below treeline right off the trail, even has a small view north, more then enough room for 2 tents. There is no water to my recollection so if you stay there pack up enough, it would be a great launching spot for Jefferson imo.