Mt. Willard 6-28-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMTHike

Reaction score
Nice hike to do with young kids. I took my 5 y.o. son on this trail and he loved it. It's certainly not too strenuous and offers fantastic views into Crawford Notch. Parts of it were muddy but nothing that was impassable. There are also a few goodies on the way up like a nice waterfall to stand right over.

We really got lucky at the summit, just as we arrived the sun popped out and burned off almost all of the clouds thus maximizing the Crawford Notch view. I met an interesting hiking club at the summit and they had me take a bunch of pictures of them. Honestly I've never seen so many cameras on a summit; good group of guys though.

On the way down we caught a few sprinkles but no downpours. The trail is well marked and maintained and a pretty steady climb all the way up although it evens out nicely in certain spots. For anyone with young kids who you want to introduce to hiking (or any adults even) I would strongly suggest this hike.

Last edited: