Muggy and Buggy on a Mountain called Snow!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I completed this hike solo on the same day I did Whitecap and N Kennabago. I was uncomfortable at the trailhead but as I got going I gained confidence and actually had a good hike. This is my last TR for now.

Figure out how to get to Wiggle Brook Road. Once there keep going until you see the "22" sign on your left. This is the start of the hike for Snow-Cup. I suggest parking here. You gain little or nothing by parking up on the side road (IMHO) (Bullshit on the Humble part).

As you head up the road you will come to a fork. Go left. You will soon come to another fork. In the center ias a small carin. I did not notice it on the way up but therte is an arrow pointing straight ahead. Follow it. As soon as you hit the woods go left on a skid road. Follow it and its general direction and you will find the top of the mountain and probably find a good herd path before you get there.

I went left at the carin. I found lots of mud and skid roads. Everything was Ok until I hit a spruce wall. I slanted off to the right and found open going and the herd path. The summit is a playground and toilet for moose. I found the obstructed register, signed in, and got moving. The humidity and black flies were better while moving.

#97 NEHH. Thank you Maine. I am done with you for now. Maybe another list will bring me back. I have enjoyed your hospitality and rugged beauty.

Nicely done.

We opted to be more slothful for the remainder of the afternoon, which was spent swimming, taking a boat ride and pigging out.

Congrats on #97! Too bad we can't finish together, as my 3 remaining peaks are in the great state of Maine.

Regards,
Marty (aka, Curley)

Nice meeting you Big Foot!

Just goes to show what a small world it is when we meet another VFTT dude on top of remote HH peak. Glad we could collaborate on one of your HH peaks. We were looking for a fourth stooge.

Our sighting of Big Foot proved to be a pleasant one. I hope you don't mind if I post this picture of you with moose antler you found. I hear Big Foot is kind of leary of having his picture taken. I think it's pretty cool. If you want a copy drop me a pm.

I have others that are pretty goofy .... I could retire on income from blackmailing Marty and Rocket21 not to post. Speaking of goofy .... Here's one of me at summit cannister. I look like I just spotted a meteor coming right at me. Can I blackmail myself?

Last edited: