My new "blog": Beyond Central Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
Hello all

For a few years I have been the editor of, or I have helped with the Newsletter of the NY Flyers (my running club). In that time I wrote (and collected from friends) a series of articles which I called "Beyond Central Park". The only problem is that the Flyers Newsletter is available to members only.

So I have recently taken these (including, with their permission, those written by others) and put them on my web site. Most of what was on my web site had been devoted to hiking and peak bagging so this is a new venture.

Since this is about running, and more-or-less directed to the New York crowd, it may not be of general interest here, but some of you may find it appealing

I'm calling this a "blog" just to be trendy. It consists of rather longish articles which are full of pictures (and sometimes maps) and with luck, one post per month might take place. So I suppose it's a blog, but it's really what I used to call a series of reports and articles.

Here it is: Beyond Central Park

It's still in it's infancy, and I'm still tinkering with it, but I thought I'd put it out there for your comments and critiques. The stories (except for my recent marathon) are from the past 18 months, but still there may be some stuff of interest to this forum.

So please give me your opinions (be honest) about anything: content, format, user-friendliness, etc.

And of course I want to make it a place not just for my writing, but for others who may have something appropriate. I'm not looking for race reports per se, but for stories that might motivate the reader to move Beyond Central Park. If you don't know what or where Central Park is, well, sorry. :)

Best regards

Last edited: