New AMC Maine Mountain Guide is out

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I moved to Maine in 06, the current MMG was terrible. Carey improved and expanded it quite a bit. I ended up leaving ME so I never got the newer editions but check them out when I’m in ME and glad to see it expanded. The maps also expanded and improved quite a bit from the earlier editions. Especially given the isolation, poor roads , and isolation of some of the listings
I have met Carey and he is very passionate about hiking in Maine and has hiked nearly every corner of the state and it’s mostly just him covering the entire state and I think he did a pretty good job vs the earlier editions.
Just a side note Carey has a pretty nice hiking resume well beyond hiking more trails than anyone else throughout Maine. Two AT thru hiked, finished the PCT, Florida Trail, one of the first to thru the Cohos, Tour du Mont Blanc, and many others. If you reach out to him, he’s always happy to talk trail and share inside info.