New here and have been hiking New Hampshire and coastal Maine for 20 years

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KS6691

Reaction score
Looking forward to a great season soon and looking forward to reading the meany posts here....... I love training on Mount Washington NH and have been going there for years. My new spot is coastal Maine. Camden area and the Camden hills, MDI and Frenchboro Island off the coast of Acadia/ MDI. Love that area. And the lobster too :)

Ken

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_4854.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4854.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_4857.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4857.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_1517.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1517.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_1531.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1531.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the site. Over the years we have not had a lot of activity out along the coast so your input including those great shots is appreciated. With the increased land protection efforts along the coast, there are lots of new small trail networks popping up.

My normal suggestion is that since the forum has been around for long time, there is lot of information squirreled away that can sometimes be of interest. The forum search function is very basic, using google site search will get you better results , just enter site:vfft.org subject wildcards like +,-, and, or also can really refine the result.

Hey Ken, welcome.

My wife and I were really impressed with the trail system on Mohegan. Beautiful vistas, well laid out and clearly
marked. We red-lined it over a four day stay on the island. (Another plus is the on-island micro brewery.)

Otherwise I have one word for you... "Baxter." No place like it east of the Mississippi.

BTW not sure on you reference to "meany" posts but if you are new to Maine, definitely Baxter State Park. Learn and understand the somewhat daunting reservation system for camping and dayhiking Katahdin. You will be glad you did as long as you dont have a dog (no pets in BSP)

BTW not sure on you reference to "meany" posts but if you are new to Maine, definitely Baxter State Park. Learn and understand the somewhat daunting reservation system for camping and dayhiking Katahdin. You will be glad you did as long as you dont have a dog (no pets in BSP)
Trying to say many LOL.........tHANKS FOR THE TIP!

Welcome to the site. Over the years we have not had a lot of activity out along the coast so your input including those great shots is appreciated. With the increased land protection efforts along the coast, there are lots of new small trail networks popping up.

My normal suggestion is that since the forum has been around for long time, there is lot of information squirreled away that can sometimes be of interest. The forum search function is very basic, using google site search will get you better results , just enter site:vfft.org subject wildcards like +,-, and, or also can really refine the result.
The coast is huge with so many nooks and crannies. Food is fantastic. I'm partial to DownEast. It's just such a special place to me. I've sailed there so many times and I finally bought a place there. I just like being able to truly get away from the crowds.

Hey Ken, welcome.

My wife and I were really impressed with the trail system on Mohegan. Beautiful vistas, well laid out and clearly
marked. We red-lined it over a four day stay on the island. (Another plus is the on-island micro brewery.)

Otherwise I have one word for you... "Baxter." No place like it east of the Mississippi.
I've never been on Mohegan but I sailed past it on my way north last year. Rugged. I bought a place on Frenchboro and will keep hiking there as its so beautiful. the views of MDI are staggeringly gorgeous but more importantly, its remote. I'll try to get to Mohegan island sometime. Frenchboro does not have many places to stay right now. There is a dockside restaurant in the summer but its really a carry in carry out type of place. Ferry service is 4 days a week but some days there's only a one way ride.