New parking area in Randolph NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainman

Reaction score
There is a very nice parking area / trail head at the end of Randolph Hill Rd.
A trail "New Trail" leaves here and connects with Mt. Crescent Trail and Cook Path.
The Carlton Brook Trail also leaves from here.
I visited Sunday January 17th, and it had been plowed.
There is room for 15- 20 cars.

Good to know. Getting back to that area has been on my list for quite a while. I remember my only time there to do a loop over Randolph and Crescent, the parking at the end of the road could accommodate about 3 cars.

Please note, the trail signage is bit confusing and many trail maps in circulation don't reflect the new parking area. It appears for those that want to visit lookout ledge, the parking for three cars remains along the Randolph Hill road but parking for the majority of the trails is at the new location which is quite nice. The new parking area allows a nice shortcut for the Icy Gulch loop as it cuts the some of the woods walk and the walk back up Randolph Hill Road, for those doing the loop clockwise, as you leave the woods and normally cross a woods road, just take a right an walk up the woods road and you come out directly at the new parking area.

On an August weekday, I was able to park on the road at the entrance to the Grassy Lane. You're right, there's only room for a couple of cars to pull off. I checked out the new parking and trailhead but I wanted to take Grassy Lane to Pasture Path to Lookout Ledge and do the 2 peaks, Randolph and Crescent, clockwise. The Randolph Community Forest is a little gem, it's very pretty in there. The views from Lookout Ledge across to Mt Adams are extraordinary for minimum effort. And the North Viewpoint off Crescent provides a long linear view from Starr King northeast all the way to Rogers Ledge I believe. A couple of samples of the (summer) view from both spots.

Adams, King Ravive.jpg
Cabot The Bulge The Horn.jpg