NH Hostels

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadpoint

Reaction score
any recommendations for hostels around bowmen, appalachia, randolph area? i'm heading up to the northern persidentails in about 3 weeks and i'm looking for a place to crash after the long drive in.

i was looking at hikers paradise and the bowmen base camp hostels.

thanks

Hiker's Paradise

The Hiker's Paradise at the intersection of 16 and 2 is not an actual hostel by name, but is basiclly the same idea. There are hotel rooms and then there is the 2nd (and 3rd) floor area of the main house with bunks and a common room. I think it's aroun $17 now.

There is a hostel in N. Conway.

Somewhere on this board there is a thread all about this with some great info on it. Maybe someone can link or you can find it.

I came across a reference to Bowman Base Camp once on the web, but when I tried to pursue it, I deadended in a disconnected phone number. I'd be interested in hearing if they in fact still exist.

Hiker's Paradise is the closest thing I know of in that area. And I hear there's something called "the Barn at the Libby House B&B" in Gorham, though I've never checked it out.

I started a thread called Cheap Sleeps in the Whites a while ago that you might also peruse.

Bowman Base Camp has been closed for a couple of years, the family who owned it was trying to sell it for an inflated price, but it hasnt been on the market for awhile. RMC looked at it for a possible headquarters, but inspection of the structure indicated that it was not properly built and in poor condition. Its too bad as it is located right next to Lowe's Path.

The only other Hostel is the snowboarders hostel in West Bethel Me. Its about 20 minutes east of Gorham on RT 2. Basically the only hostel type experience in the Gorham Shelburne Randolph Area with heat is Hikers Paradise (the "Barn" is literally a barn, although it is attached to a high end B&B).

There is a "guest house" in Milan that advertises in the local papers, I thinks its the DuBe inn. There is also a low cost motel in Berlin.

peakbagger said:
Bowman Base Camp has been closed for a couple of years, the family who owned it was trying to sell it for an inflated price, but it hasnt been on the market for awhile. RMC looked at it for a possible headquarters, but inspection of the structure indicated that it was not properly built and in poor condition. Its too bad as it is located right next to Lowe's Path. "

Do you know how much land it is on? and if they have come down in pirce?
As for the structure is it beyond repair or could it be refurbished ?
Just curious

thanks for the beta, i'm looking for hostel/bunk house style lodging.