nice hike in the Greylock area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcloud

Reaction score
Saturday was a beautiful day for sure. I hopped in the car and took the 75 mile ride to North Adams, MA and did a hike up the AT southbound to the cliffs where the MT Prospect trail branches off of the AT. I continued the extra mile to the MT Prospect summit, which is just a rockpile in the woods. Their isn't much to see from MT Prospect, but being the fall, their are nice views along the way even after you pass the cliffs that look out to the Taconics of NY. You can see the Greylock summit and the whole high ridgeline through the bare trees off to your left most of the way. I'm sure that before the leaves fall you wouldn't see much of anything though.
I returned to the AT, and went down to Notch Road, and walked the road for about four miles back to my car which was on Pattison Road.
The AT is quite steep heading up from Pattison Road, and I didn't want to take the chance of injuring my knee again on the way down.
If I could only get out more often, I know that I could get more seasoned and would be less likely to hurt myself. It's the downhill that gets me, not going up.
Oh well ,back to work now. Take care, Eric