NJ/NY AMC Fall Foliage ADK trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
A few weeks ago on Columbus weekend I attended a paddle weekend north of Paul Smith's college. To keep this short it was an excellent trip and the chapter that ran this program was excellent! It was their 18th year doing this and I was so glad to be a part of it. We car camped at Meachem campground and we went out on 3 day trips. I got to paddle the Santa Clara section the first day (only app 5-6 miles) then on sunday the Upper Osgood. On Monday the Lower Osgood. Total cost not including gas was $62. They supplied dinner and breakfast for 3 days and nights, also covered the cost of the campsite. There were app 25-30 people, of which 4 were over 80 years old. I need to stay in shape so that I can be just like them at that age. Awesome group and I can't wait until next year. My friend who went to the Paul smith summer program ran by the ADK club told me about it. Did see an eagle also...just wanted to share. I'm hoping to get back up there on Veteran's weekend, maybe paddle the Saranac's to Lake Flower to check off that section. hmmmm another list :rolleyes:

ahh good observation.....we couldn't leave fri night so we left the city app 5am and it rainned for a while going up there. When we finally got on the Santa clara app 2pm the clouds had moved away and we had nice weather. The group who camped out fri night had a good drenching and an early rainny paddle.

ps, just picked up a 1961-62 max anderson swedish sailing canoe yesterday..needs a ton of work and I'll probably give it to a friend to work on. i don't have the $ or knowledge to fix it...will post pics later....be well