Noonmark again, and again...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhihn

Reaction score
We picked a great hiking day to do a relatively modest mountain with fantastic views. Cool, breezy but not too much so, a variety of cloud cover, but not so low as to obscure views. It's one of the more popular Adirondack hikes (we've been up it a half-dozen times or more), and I’m sure most people reading this have been up it, so I’ll keep this brief. We met Jim, Carolyn, and San (who happens to have four very, very tiny legs) at the Round Pond trailhead. There was lots of traffic – more than I had expected, some going to Noonmark, some to Dix. The path around Round Pond was about as dry as I can remember seeing it, and a lot of the woods going up was more grown in since the last time we were up there. I think they’ve since installed an extra rock ledge or two along the way as well. But the root I slipped on about 16 years ago and broke my wrist is still there! Something adverse always seems to happen on a Noonmark trip, and this one was no exception, as three of the four of us took a spill (we’re all OK). On top, the views were of course magnificent. There were lots of people coming and going up there, including one college orientation group. One woman from Montreal had five more high peaks to go. She was interested to learn that Jim was the 46R president, and he encouraged her to contact the organization for a correspondent. With clouds and sun constantly changing, it was a difficult day for pictures, but Joanne will post a few. Nice to find two more hiking companions. Oops…make that three. I can’t forget about San!

Dick

That slideshow was a real treat !
Nice overcast view of Sawteeth with Haystack and Marcy in the back !
Hope to meet you two this weekend.