North Face Canyonlands Ultralight Tent

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it, and think it's great for warmer weather camping, in more sheltered conditions. I don't recommend it for anyplace where it might get really windy, because of it's narrow, tall profile. But it kept me dry in a heavy rain down south a few months ago, so I'm happy. It's roomy for a solo tent, but if you're taller than 6' 2", it might not be long enough for you. I'm a little over 6, and it's perfect.

Canyonlands in action in the canyon lands

My friend has it and loves it. He likes that he can stand up on his sleeping bag with the door open when he changes at night. Also the storm door can be used as an awning. It's very small packing and very light at 3.5lbs. We've campied in wind with no problems, just be sure to stake it out and use the extra guys. It is a very cool tent.

I don't care for all the stakes it takes to put it up... 6 I think since it has only one pole. If you can't drive the stakes, you'll have to find that many more rocks to guy it out.

It is very waterproof. We've been out in some heavy rain and my friend never had any water problems. On the whole, he loves it.

Another satisfied owner

I am a happy owner of a canyonlands as well, and can vouch for it being waterproof and roomy enough for a snuggly couple if need be. My only quibble is calling it "ultralightweight" - 4 pounds *might* qualify as lightweight, but not 'ultra' :).