Oregon Scientific Weather Radio WR102

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdkWiley

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has one of these weather radios from oregon scientific. I have model number WR102 and can not pick up signal anywhere and was wondering if im doing somthing wrong. I use to get reception but now alls i get is static. If anyone has one of these or knows how to work it would be great help. Thanx - Wiley

I assume you checked all of the preset stations on the radio? Also, when I bought my weather radio several years ago, I wasn't getting anything on any of the preset stations. I was bummed. I thought mine was broken or something. It turned out the transmitting station was down and a few days later, voila! It worked great.

Best of luck.

AdkWiley said:
Just wondering if anyone else has one of these weather radios from oregon scientific. I have model number WR102 and can not pick up signal anywhere and was wondering if im doing somthing wrong. I use to get reception but now alls i get is static. If anyone has one of these or knows how to work it would be great help.
I have no specific knowledge of this model.

There are about 10 designated weather frequencies, mostly in the 162-163 MHz range. These frequencies tend to be line-of-sight (like FM or TV) and relatively short range. If you are located in Au Sable Forks, the signal might be blocked by nearby hills. There is a transmitter on top of Mt Mansfield--you should be able to get a signal if you are within line-of-signt of the mountain.

I have received it from the west shore of Lake George, so you should be able to get it if the signal isn't blocked by hills. (There might be other transmitters around too.)

Doug