Perch or other RMC Cabins

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman19

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a quick answer as to how reasonable it is to find a place to set up a tent within this area if the Perch tentsites are filled up?

Assuming, of course, that I am outside of a 1/4 mile and furher than 200 yards from the trailhead.

I am driving up tonight...any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

My recollection of the area around The Perch is that it's pretty dense scrub and is high enough to be near tree-line. If it were me, I think I'd be unlikely to find a good spot in those conditions. Others may know better, but as none have yet chimed in, I provide my experience. Good luck!

I don't remember that there were any usable campsites away from the perch area because I thought it was or very close to alpine region. Its been a while though. Your gonna want to check the books.

Keith

There's nothing in the vicinity of the Perch, Gray Knob, or Crag Camp for viable tenting sites. They generally point people back to The Log Cabin when those sites fill up. It's quite a hike back down (and up) to be able to find any decent tent sites.