Piano found atop Britain's highest mountain!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been many an occasion where I FELT like I was carrying a piano up a mountain......... :eek:

I can see it now....
hiker 1 "Where's your hiking poles, mate?"
Hiker 2 "Aaarrghh!!!! I left them back at the summit 5 minutes ago, yeah!!!"
Hiker 1 "So now, you're going back for them, right?
Hiker 2 "Yeah...."
Hiker 1 "Can you be a pal and grab me piano, mate?"
hiker 2 "Right-o ol' chap!" :D :D

As someone with 3/4 British heritage and a former rugby player, I figure it was a couple of hearty school lads who dropped it off on their way home from a match! We are funny, strong and, not all of us have bad teeth.... :D

Go Manchester U!!!!!

...Jade

Reactions: dug
The piano was made by GoLite.

Man admits it was his organ

The mystery surrounding the discovery of a "piano" near the top of Britain's highest mountain appears to have been solved.
Kenny Campbell, a woodcutter from Bonar Bridge in the Highlands, claims the piano is actually an organ.
And he says he carried it up the mountain for a cancer charity in 1971.
Volunteers clearing stones from the 4,4118ft peak were stunned when they discovered the musical instrument on Ben Nevis at the weekend.It was recovered by 15 volunteers from the John Muir Trust, the conservation charity which owns part of Ben Nevis.
Mr Campbell said: "It took me four days to get the organ to the top and when I did I played Scotland the Brave.
They found my organ
He said: "I carried an organ weighing 226lb to the summit and played Scotland the Brave on it and I had some Norwegian tourists who were up on the summit and they were dancing."
BBC News

Ben Nevis

Bubba - I think there are 3 peaks above 4k in the UK.

I was on Ben Nevis a couple years ago, but didn't see the piano as I wasn't digging through rocks. Or maybe it was because my attention was on the British cutie I was hiking with :D

jade said:
As someone with 3/4 British heritage and a former rugby player, I figure it was a couple of hearty school lads who dropped it off on their way home from a match! We are funny, strong and, not all of us have bad teeth.... :D

Go Manchester U!!!!!

...Jade

I certainly wouldn't want to mess with any of those guys.

It really was a piano

It turns out that although Kenny Campbell did cart a 226lb organ up Ben Nevis in 1971, the instrument that was recently found was indeed a piano, carted up in 1986:
Wrappers from a packet of McVitie's biscuits that Mike Clark and his team of Dundee removers washed down with a bottle of whisky to celebrate their achievement have been found nearby, with a telltale sell-by date, says the John Muir Conservation Trust.
The biscuit wrapper which said ‘Best before 13 December, 1986’, which we found in the cairn gives further proof that this was the piano Mike and his friends took up the mountain. We get 120,000 visitors every year, and all of them were walking right past a piano."
Mr Clark, 51, a retired removal man, said: "We did the exploit to raise money for the cystic fibrosis charity and also to get in the Guinness Book of Records, but their representatives were late in arriving and said they needed verification that we had carried the piano up the mountain.
"They asked us to carry another piano up the mountain the next day - and we told them they must be joking. We were absolutely knackered but happy we had achieved what we set out to do."
Plot Thickens Over Ben Nevis Piano

Well, I guess that settles it! :D I knew there had to be drinking involved! It was a team of Dundee "removers", i.e. moving men.