Pine Mt. makes 100 52wav peaks.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
My dog reached the summit of his 100th 52wav peak on Pine Mt. last week. While this may not be astounding in the world of mountaineering, it is to me it's a proud moment. My dog is not the toughest dog out there, in fact far from it. He comes from a long line of show dogs and was re-homed to me 3 years ago when they decided his "gait" was off and there were no ribbons in his future. Together we have hiked almost every week, collecting 3 patches on the way, The Ossipees, The Belknaps and the 52wav. He provides me with companionship and levity in a world where both can be hard to come by. I've decided to continue hiking of course, but to try and avoid sticking to a list generated itinerary, although we will probably spend most of our time on the 52wav peaks. Thanks for reading.

I bet he enjoys the hiking a lot more than the dog shows! Nice accomplishment for the two of you, but it sounds like you have many more hikes left in those boots and paws. I am planning on getting to a few more 52WAV peaks in August as I return to NH and to hiking those 3K and 2K peaks I neglected in pursuit of the 48. "Happy trails to you."

I bet he enjoys the hiking a lot more than the dog shows! Nice accomplishment for the two of you, but it sounds like you have many more hikes left in those boots and paws. I am planning on getting to a few more 52WAV peaks in August as I return to NH and to hiking those 3K and 2K peaks I neglected in pursuit of the 48. "Happy trails to you."
Thanks for the kind words. If you want company on any 52wav peaks while your here, we would be glad to tag along.

Thanks a lot. I know you mostly hike solo with your dog, so I am honored. I usually stay at my buddy's cabin and we have hiked together for almost 40 years. If he bombs, I will give you a shout. I used to do lots of solos as well, but not so much anymore. (to keep my wife happy) :cool: My favorite solos in the Whites were the Baldfaces, Adams (plus Abigail and Adams 5), Washington via Nelson Crag Trail, and the full day slog back and forth to Owl's Head which was my #48. Cheers mate.