Pliny Bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docross

In Memoriam to a Deceased Member
Reaction score
Mount Pliny, south of Starr King and Waumbek, is a NH 100 Highest peak. A group of us bushwhacked to the summit on October 30, 2004, and had an easy time of it.

We started on the old, unmaintained Priscilla Brook trail off Ingerson Road. The trailhead is 1 mile from the western junction of Rt 2 and Ingerson Road.

The trail is easy to follow, albeit muddy. It initially heads east of north, then bears more and more east, until it reaches the col just north of Pliny, at an elevation of 3150 feet.

From the col we took a bearing of 186 magnetic, and climbed through mostly open woods. There were no thick areas. The bottle was found at an elevationof 3605 feet.

Hey Docross!

We had a great time Saturday on Pliny! No rain either. How great was that?

The best part, as usual, was the fun group we traveled with. I think Sue should lead (wink,wink) more bushwacks even if she is awful slow and awful shy!

John & June (J&J)

We hit rain as soon as we drove into Franconia Notch. Got home in time to get a nap and dress up for a Halloween party. We were surprised to see Fred there with his wife!

docross and J&J -

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm kicking myself that I didn't call when I first saw the hike (procrastinated and spooked by 'possible thunderstorms' in the weather forecast). I'll be braver next time!
Thanks for posting about your trip!

sal

Nice trip! I've gazed longingly in that direction before - and I know I'll be up there someday.
:D