Pliny Mountain 3566'

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HikerDoc

Reaction score
Marianne and I climbed this peak Sat. from Priscilla Brook Trail. The trail was easy to follow to about 2900', then became confusing because of lack of maintenance. There is an arrow pointing north on a tree, and we crossed a stream there and found no trail. Instead the trail continues northeast, then peters out. At about 3000', we took a bearing southeast and started the bushwack thru open woods. We were briefly on an old woods road that followed the bearing straight up the mountain, then disappeared. The top is open and quite small. No jar seen, so we put one up with register. The snow conditions were about optimum. With 30" shoes, I was only sinking in about 6" except for the usual holes/traps. Glorious day with a nice fellow hiker that I hadn't hiked with before who provided homemade summit brownies. Round trip time about 4 1/2 hours. This was my 3rd time; 2nd in winter. We welcome all bushwackers on our series of NHHH in winter. :D

Register

After my first hike to Pliny, I learned to look on the back side of the tree (as you approach it from the north) for the register. Now that the tree is down, the register would be even tougher to find. Ed, thanks for putting up another one.