Pliny, Waumbek, & Starr King or the Carters -- 10/29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
Hey! It looks like the weekend might actually be decent!!!

With that in mind, I really want to have some fun. I'm thinking about climbing Pliny (a NH 100 Highest) and then bushwhacking over to Waumbek before coming down on the trail and passing over Starr King. Obviously, this would require a car spot. Would anyone be up for joining on this trip?

If I can't find anyone interested in doing that, I'm also thinking about doing the Carters (possibly with, possibly without Carter Dome) via the Imp trails, going up the northern branch and coming down the southern. No car spot required there. Is there any interest in that?

I'd rather do the first option but am totally open to the second. So, whadda ya say? Are you interested in either of these ideas???

Any ideas as to how much snow accumulation they've gotten? I saw an post earlier today that Carter Notch Hut is reporting 40". I was thinking about doing Zeta Pass, Mt. Hight & Carter Dome & Hut but re-thinking that now.

Solitary Hiker said:
Any ideas as to how much snow accumulation they've gotten? I saw an post earlier today that Carter Notch Hut is reporting 40". I was thinking about doing Zeta Pass, Mt. Hight & Carter Dome & Hut but re-thinking that now.

I'm hearing similar numbers and am now just thinking of the Carters. If I have a car spot, I'll go up the south leg of the Imp Tr -> North Carter Tr -> Carter Moriah Tr -> Carter Dome Tr -> Nineteen Mile Brook Tr with possible out-and-backs to North Carter and/or Mt Height. If able to travel really fast, maybe Carter Dome. That's a BIG maybe.

Otherwise, I'll just do North, Middle, and South Carter as an out-and-back (possibly ascending the north Imp leg). If parking near Imp TH is impossible, I'll drive back to the Kanc and climb Passaconaway.

Either way, I'd love to have company so, if anyone is interested, please let me know by Friday afternoon. It should be a beautiful day!

Last edited: