PW07 Benefit Showing in Arlington - Wed Oct 17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PW07_PosterBoston-5.jpg

As some of you may know, a large, illegal trail was cut this summer in the middle of some previously untrammeled terrain near the top of Big Jay. Several members of the backcountry skiing community (myself included) have organized a benefit showing of Powder Whore's:pW07 at the Regent Theatre in Arlington on Wed, Oct 17 at 7:30PM. All proceeds will go to the GMC's Big Jay Restoration Project, to stabilize and protect the fragile terrain.

Project website here. TelemarkTips thread about the ski cut here.

The prize list now stands at:
Stay tuned, more to come. :D

1 raffle ticket with admission. Extra tickets $1, $5 for 6.

Join us for a fun evening supporting a great cause!

Directions to the Regent Theatre here.

Many thanks to the PW’s, their sponsors, and our sponsors.

VttT'ers involved with this project are Seeker and David Metsky. I've OK'd this posting with Darren.

-dave-

The raffle prize list has been updated; please check the website for full details. We checked out the venue (Regent Underground Theatre in Arlington) last night and it's going to be a fun evening. The movie great pre-season powder stoke, the prizes are great (including two pairs of skis and a Jay season's pass), and it's all for a good cause.

If you're in the greater Arlington area and are looking for a fun Wed night, come on down!

-dave-

Great cause Dave and thankyou for helping make this happen. what is actually going on with the restoration project itself?

There's a work trip this Sunday (unfortunately I cannot attend) that will head up for a day of creating water bars to avoid erosion and plant/spread some ground cover. I don't know if they are putting up signs or rope. There will be more planting as time goes on.

-dave-

David Metsky said:
There's a work trip this Sunday (unfortunately I cannot attend) that will head up for a day of creating water bars to avoid erosion and plant/spread some ground cover. I don't know if they are putting up signs or rope. There will be more planting as time goes on.

-dave-

Thanx again for the info. Please keep us informed on this project and how one might be able to participate in this rejuvination project. Kudos once again for your efforts!

Just a reminder that tonight's the night. We've got a great flick to get you excited about the upcoming ski season, some killer gear to raffle off, and it's all for a good cause. Hope to see you there,

-dave-

Sorry I won't be making this one for the SWAG alone. Was thinking about your effort on this Dave just today as I hiked Gorge Brook to the Ridge Trail. Again your efforts and info on this continuing effort is much appreciated. Please continue keeping us posted going forward :cool: :)

The evening was a success beyond our wildest dreams. We were conservatively hoping for 50 attendees, we had over 120! Full accounting isn't done yet but I think we'll end up sending roughly $1500 for the reforestation efforts on Big Jay; plus we raised the awareness among the backcountry skiing community and saw a kick ass film.

-dave-