RBH Designs VB clothes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Reaction score
Has anyone used RBH Designs VB vest or shirt? What's the quality and construction like? I have a pair of their VB socks which have been great but need to be replaced. They started wearing out after maybe 5 years of use. Their VB vest is expensive so I'd hate for it to wear out quickly.

Has anyone used RBH Designs VB vest or shirt? What's the quality and construction like? I have a pair of their VB socks which have been great but need to be replaced. They started wearing out after maybe 5 years of use. Their VB vest is expensive so I'd hate for it to wear out quickly.

I have used VB from http://www.warmlite.com

with good results, I got a shirt that is 6 or 7 years old(maybe older) and is holding up well.
I will admit it is only it is used occasionally and only when I am on multi day winter camping trips.

***** If you scan through warmlite site there is a lot of info on VB.*****

Warmlite

I have Warmlite VB clothing I bought sometimes in 1995.

I have used VB from Warmlite although sparringly. I use the VB gloves under over thin liners and under neoprene gloves in kayaking. (like it)

I have used a VB liner in my sleeping bag during multiday winter camping. (like it)

I have used VB socks over thin socks and under a drysuit in winter kayak paddling. (like it)

I have never really used the VB shirt although I have it. :) (did not find a reason yet)

I have never used the VB pants. (did not find a reason yet)

I don't think I'll gamble with that kind of money yet. The Warmlite VB shirts are far cheaper.

Is the Warmlite shirt comfortable? I like the RBH socks because I can wear them next to my skin and not really notice them.

very basic

The Warmlite shirt is very basic, utilitarian. Yes it is comfortable but aesthetically it is ugly looking.

I have used VB from http://www.warmlite.com
Where does this guy go camping?

Where do I go camping?:confused: hmmmmm:rolleyes: mostly I just set up in my living room, I push the couch and the chair together, toss a blanket over the top and make a fort. I use an old Litebrite filled with red and yellow pegs so I can have a "fire" and I turn on the television and listen to Animal Planet so a can feel close to nature:eek:

:p

OH YAH!, ;)I have occasionally been known to spend some time in the Brooks Range, couple trips to Denali, and have been spotted in places where it sometimes snows:eek:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I like the RBH socks because I can wear them next to my skin and not really notice them.

The socks appear to have a noticeable seam on the outside. I am surprised you don't notice it when you wear it under your thick socks and your boots.

The pair I have are different than the current RBH VB socks. The new ones have welded seams where mine were sewn so they might feel different. The material on mine is very thin and rubbery feeling so I don't notice it if it's bunched up.