Sa-go-sa-ba-ha

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi my friends....

Friday morning, after few hesitations, just visited the Garden Parking, We take the decision to start from Ausable Golf Club with Sawteeth for ultime goal....

Perfect sunny morning, We signed near 7 a.m. We saw the first snow spots after the last small brook crossing. We arrived at the Sawteeth-Gothics junction and saw a little bite more snow but the snow was hard and it was easy to catch the Sawteeth top: exactely at 9 a.m May 16, the rabbits family made a new record :cool: . We finished the 52 weeks 46 High Peaks ( every week of the year: between 1 to 7 january, 8 to 14.......) it was a long goal and We real start for this goal only after the challenger winter 2002-03.

Just to put cherry on the sunday We can not just made one peak...
The 3th "It was not Sunday but Friday"
O.K. just to put blueberry in friday...
The 3 th" I am not sure Robinson Crusoe will be happy to find his dog a blue dog"
Can You go to play outside The 3th..please....

We go down to the col and go up to Gothics, We arrived just one hour after.

With the perfect view We can not resiste to go for Saddleback, 45 minutes later We was in the top. At this time I remember I lose my prefert mitt last Winter. O.K. We need to make a special research. We go down without trouble in a dry roc and We find it.

Now We need to turn back or go to Basin.

Yes We know You know...the snow depth 4 to 5 feet but consolided We go up and catch the top, We can not resist and go down in the col and go up in Haystack.

Wihtout wind, on dry rock We summited Haystack. We go down but the 1,000 steps before the old Slant Rock lean-to was a little bit more difficult, many time the snow bridge falling under us and We some time water some time rock.

We finished at the Garden parking but the car was at the Ausable parking, fortunately Laurie, a Queen friend recognised us and from the city main street We had a ride.

N.B. for all: To finish this goal We need to make a special thing:

Thursday May one after my weight training course I drive from Laval to lake Placid, catch a mountain bike and from the bridge in Corey road, cycle to the summer parking. We need to use snowshoes from the Seymour path junction to the top.
The day after, with a early start We go to Santanoni Range. a long day, We used the snowshoes from the path- trail junction. We catched the rain when We come back from Panther and go down very slowly.

One week after, May 8 With the same senario, a later start We go to Marshall We used snowshoes from the path-trail junction and returned at the parking just before the dark time..

Specaily to Yvon: The day after with a early start We go to Allen: We know the last bridge was collapsing but We need this peak.
When We arrived at the bridge We saw a couple of wood piece hand up over the water, impossible to use this material.
We go up the shore. surprise a big black animal was walking. O.K We use the ski pole same Art Blakey in from his drum and made noise. The black bear change his speed but it was not O.K for the 3th He made a great shout, now the bear was running.

Few time after We saw, We have a possibility to cross the river to a small island but we need to made a rock bridge, we need half one hour for this project, with a couple a olympic jumps We arrived in the other shore. We need snowshoes from the small fall to the summit.

We take the decision to accross a other place because the water level was higher and We was not sure it will be easy to find the same place...

I remove my clothes keep only my shirt, put my runningshoes around my neck, (The 3th " I have my nose just in this thing and You can immagine it do not smell the carrots soup!!!) :rolleyes: and my boots in a very cold water try to cross the river. The water was not very far of my thermometer and if I had Snow White nude in front of me I am able to make a new rabbit generation...Oh sorry Ingy, at this time my mind was not going in this direction... :rolleyes:

On the other side We find a very bad old blowdown and all the tree was not sure many time the wood was a paper consist... But We survived.

Yvon if You need You can. :D

Pinpin The 3th.

Congratulations my friend! :D I'm sorry to miss this hike, not sorry I miss the Allen hike! I saw your name in the register at the Santas when I get Henderson last week. Only three pages filled in, you sign 3-4 times and the rest of the world the rest. :eek: I have been on the bushwhacks recently, yesterday I got a surprise when I get in the woods, my compass point North when I was heading south! :eek: Made for a very interesting day. :) I hope to catch up with you again soon and slay more monsters! :cool:

Thank you Pinpin for those personals informations on Allen.
Annie does not like the story with the black bear. Till that date, I will have to practice few jazz drum solo of Jack DeJohnette.
I think I will wait to cross that river later in june. But I think we have to discuss that trip around a beer, how about next thursday?
Allen, I need it, so I will do it.
I should say this, We need it, so we will do it. :)

Slow White sends her congrats!

Congrats PP, PPJr and PP3!
You are very funny and very fast - keep it going! :D
I was going to ask about the bridge too, so thanks for the warning. Looks like I will wait.

All the best - :)

Congratulations, Alain, on achieving your goal!!!

So you were doing Whiteface/Esther on Thursday in preparation for this big day. . . I tried to catch you coming back from Esther but all I saw were the little rabbit footprints going down.

Wonderful

Glad to hear that PP3 is carrying on the family tradition.

I hope I don't see you on the trail with my dog Tucker. Sad to say, he likes to eat bunnies! :eek: If you see him - RUN!

After reading the information that you wrote for me, I just notice that I forgot to congratulate you.
Congratulations to you for your goal that you have achieved. :)

But for "The 3rd" him, he just finish, with you, work that had begun earlier with his predecessor. Bravo to him, to support you to complete that last part of that journey. I never met "The 3rd" yet, I hope I will have the chance to meet him this summer. :rolleyes:

Thank You

Hi my friends,

ColdRiverRun, Santanoni Range was a piece of cake, very different of when We make it last Winter. Allen just a nice challenge specialy because We hiked without map and compass...... :rolleyes:

Yvon: Bear is lest dangerous of beers.... :D

Rick, Welcome,

IceNsnow, the rabbit's family appreciated every word coming from a nice runner woman.... ;)

Joe, sorry We made Esther before Whiteface, it always a nice thing to see You, now We know You are a fast fox and We need to stay allert when You are behind Us... :)

Beverly, It is not a trouble for The 3th He likes the hot dog... :(

Yvon, Thank You, We are sure You will made Allen in June.

All other readers, Thank You, remember the mountains are just a playground They are a friend or ennemy always it is depending of your view point....

Pinpin The 3th.

BRAVO!

ps: Allen's Bridge should be back over the Opalescent/East River in same place very soon.

BlackSpruce said:
BRAVO!

ps: Allen's Bridge should be back over the Opalescent/East River in same place very soon.

WOW!!! this is a good news. I must say that to Annie. She did not like the idea of crossing the river, no pants with her boots around the neck. :)

Bridge over trouble water....

Hi my friends...

Thank You BlackSpruce, it is a nice news We need to come back in Allen sone... :)

Sorry Yvon to many bears will be looking to Annie without cloth.. :rolleyes:

Pinpin The 3th.