Saddleback on Sat. 4th March

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oncoman

Reaction score
Come and share my 46W victory on top of Saddleback. Would leave Garden parking around 07h00 and take Orebed Brook trail.
Pierre

Pierre,
Are you still panning on Saddleback on Sat? Could I talk you into a round trip hike so I could get Basin? I need it for my W46. Let me know as soon as you can. Either way I will join you on w46 victory.

Mike

Last edited:
Pierre,
I am going to Lake Placid tonight. I will meet at 7am on Sat at the Garden.

Mike

Pierre,
I am not sure if you made it Sat. I looked in the parking lot but didn't see you so I went with a group that did Basin and Saddleback. I apologize if you were there. I didn't leave the parking area until 7:25a. I hope we can get together on the MacNaughton hike next weekend. Right now it looks like temps in the 40's and rain for next Sat. I don't think that would be great conditions for the trip. What do you think?

Hey fior1212[Mike]-Im one of the hikers you went with to Basin and Saddleback. Nice trail condition report on that part of this site.

Thanks again for all the trailbreaking that you did and especially,repeat especially ,for holding on to the rope so determindly, as I dangled and struggled on that icy slope on Saddleback. I know that you were just about at your limit.

I can laugh now about it, but ,that was real close to being no fun at all,as you well know.

See you at the Spring 46R dinner ,as mentioned back at the trail head and good luck with the rest of your winter 46 pursuit. You are indeed a very strong hiker!

Yes Mike I did successfully finish my 46W on Saddleback this Sat. 4th March. See my trip report posted on VFTT yesterday. EUREKA!!
Looking forward to meeting you all at Annual Winter meeting on 25th March
Pierre

fior1212 said:
Pierre,
I am not sure if you made it Sat. I looked in the parking lot but didn't see you so I went with a group that did Basin and Saddleback. I apologize if you were there. I didn't leave the parking area until 7:25a. I hope we can get together on the MacNaughton hike next weekend. Right now it looks like temps in the 40's and rain for next Sat. I don't think that would be great conditions for the trip. What do you think?
I did Seward last spring during warm wet weather (overnight lows in the forties) and the worst was breaking deeply through the snow's surface suddenly and not always expectedly. Seward took us 14 hours via Calkins. (We walked the road).

A week later the temps had dropped and the snow was nice and firm, a real pleasure to snowshoe over. On or off trail.