Sawteeth 09-06-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob S

Reaction score
Why does the walk down the Lake Road seem to go by so fast in the morning, and then take so long in the afternoon? Nice weather and blue skies for a trek up Sawteeth. Took the Weld trail up, and the Scenic trail down. I really like the Scenic trail. A bit of everything - - - rock scrambles, ladders, incredible views, and even a bit of mud.

Trails in great shape, no blowdown. Very little mud on Weld trail, and only a couple of spots on the Scenic trail (Rifle Notch and in-between the 2nd and 3rd "tooth"). Funny thing is, in Rifle Notch, there is a short stretch of mud, 4 or 5 yards long and just a couple of feet wide ...... so I step down the middle of trail, not wanting to widen it further, ....... and I sink down to my knee! I actually laughed out loud ..... wasn't expecting it to be that deep for such a relatively small patch of mud. The Bradley Pond trail, you'd expect it to be deep ..... but not here! Anyway, what's an Adirondack hike without getting muddy, right?

Met some real friendly folks on the summit, and nice to meet Mason on the way down. Glad to be able to help you out with the water. Hope you enjoyed the Weld trail and Rainbow Falls.

Sawteeth