Sawteeth,gothics & armstrong 2-5-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewseeker

Reaction score
Sawteeth,Gothics and Armstrong 2-5-11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today started the beginning of a few days in the High peaks. Myself and Robert(adirobdack46r) drove up friday night and sleep in our truck for saturdays fun to what was to be Sawteeth only as not to burn ourselfs out for the upcoming days which we would be going into Peggy-O on Sunday and an attempt on Ha-Ba -Sa monday...So another friend Mike O. was to met us also in the am for our start.....

After a nice clear night we met Mike as schedualed. Out of the crisp clean air from across the parking lot I hear.. "Hi.. I'm TurkeyBob"..Other had chatted with him as we prep up. Having hardly seen him i stepped over and shout...:He does exist!!!" Like the M&Ms' candys commercial..lol.. Few wonderful words about all of us to meet at Peggy-O later and off they where. Along the road I had the pleasure to talk with the Turkeybirds and there friend Tony, they where headed to gothics and armstrong. Beaver meadows didnt look good so they continued with us along to the sawteeth connection where Tony not feeling well bowwed out.. We bid adue to the turkeybirds never to see them the rest of the day...Robert and Mike had skied in so they changed and off we went.

The climb was warm and calm with bright clear skies.. Trails packed and just a day to enjoy.Thoughts already jump thru my head.. Hmmm maybe more than just sawteeth..? You can't waste a great day like such. On a nice pace we reach the split to Gothics and all head up sawteeth... I was pumped as the last time it was raining and limited views. Today would not be the same..Beautiful skies with miles to see. Once at the summit I laughed out loud remembering as walking with TB, he says.. Why Do we keep doing this?? So i took a video and soak in just why...We all where just amazed with today and enjoyed the summit in bright warm sun..

Decending back to the junction mike told us he was headed back, myself and robert where to continue to gothics on such a great day.. SUPER MIKE OSBORNE , it was nice to have you along my friend..

Having never been on this section I knew it would be steep over pyraimid. The trail offers wonderful views of the col and beyond. Steep climbing for sure but Returning would offer about 3/4 of it to butt slide back.. WE soon reached Pyraimd for the first time and it was freakin awesome...We could see others traversing over Gothics ..With little time we continued... Finally Gothics was ours.. the winds wher not to bad, not needing goggles. The sun had gone away but views where still 10s' of miles. What a day.. Here Robert Has to return the same way he came to pick up his skies, but myself..I Opt for One more..Armstrong..

Parting ways with my bestfriends safe return off down the ridge I go. I must say, nothing like walking the wind pounded dence snow above everything. I meet the guys camping below sawteeth and they tell me its all broken out to armstrong which make 5 I know that have been there including TB&JTB. Had one spot just below Treeline that had 3 trails all in different directions but I stoppped to use my GPS and make track to find my real direction. After that it was just a nice peaceful walk over to Armstrong With the winds now increasing.. Lost my batteries in the camera at this point. Back down to the intersection where TB was to return also.

Treckin down the Beaver Meadows Trail was abit scarry at first, the trail follows a narrow section at the top but once you traverse to where you start to drop its a nice trail. Having views of Giant I now notice Snow in the air in the distance. Soon after snow began to fall.. This trail seems to go on forever to the road. Hoping Robert was out I scribed a not in the snow for him to see if not so he knew i was out. Down the road and almost out I ran into the Nippletop/Dial crew of adam,dean,ike, siohion, lee,peggy and others I forget,Sorry.. after some chatting everyone was cold and snows began to fall heavy.. Hike out was nice chatting with Dean and before I knew it we where there.. I was pleasured to see Robert there too, safe and with the warm truck. ..Wow What a saturday..Thanks for the memories everyone... It just gets better everytime i'm out....

this days pics...