Seymour during open road season?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc McPeak

Reaction score
saratoga springs Avatar: Spring has sprung ... ju
Seymour: This Thursday, 12-30?

EDIT: Rather than start a new thread, I figured just put a date on this one. How's 12-30 (this thursday) sound for everyone. I know there were a couple people who mentioned this as a open day.

With the road to the summer trailhead still open, and the weather showing no major storms on the horizon, the next week or so appears to be a great time to head in for a shot at Seymour.

Anybody have an inkling to give it a go? I'm working on a small team and seeing what interest there is in new recruits.

Dates are open, so feel free to throw some out.

Last edited:
I (Rick) was thinking the exact same thing. As far as dates, I'm available all next week except Monday (12/27). I was part of the group that made Donaldson and Emmons on 12/22, but couldn't quite manage Seward. The open gate is all the motivation I ned to get back in there and finish this range off!

How does 12/28 or 12/31 sound ?

Hi Doc

I was also part of the Dec 22 group. I still need both Seward and Seymour and have all of next week off. I will be staying in Keene Sunday and Monday night. An attack on Seward/Seymour on either of two days would be great.

It seems like we've got several days people can hike, and both peaks to shoot for. I have an eye on the weather as well, for mid-week looks warm again, but as Rick mentioned, with the gate open getting wet and miserable isn't as bad when the walk out doesn't include that slogathon.

Possibly Seward early in the week, and Seymour later? As more chime in we can firm things up.

seymour

Please count me in for seymour. All I need in the Sewards are what you all worked on last week. Seward and then Seymour. I take it this group will cooridinate around the Seward hike? I'm available every day next week except fri and sat.a s I will be on the ADK 1/1/05 hike.

Seward Monday

Sean, looks like I'm getting interest for another Seward attempt Monday, Dec. 27. Don't mean to hijack your thread-just gaging the interest for Seward on Monday. I'm still using my old thread for Seward.

Pvon

Seymour: This Thursday, 12-30?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I tried to redo the thread but it didn't work.

EDIT: Rather than start a new thread, I figured just put a date on this one. How's 12-30 (this thursday) sound for everyone. I know there were a couple people who mentioned this as a open day.

12/30 works for me. I don't have a 4WD vehicle so I am dependent upon one who does to take advantage of the open gate. I'll see you tomorrow, maybe we can finalize details on the trail.

Rick

seymour

please count me in for this thurs. to hike seymour.

12-30 still looks good weather-wise.

However, for me personally, I'm a little bit under my own weather cloud, so let's keep the thread going whether drinking fluids and plenty of rest get me back on my feet or not. Sounds like a good group is forming.

We should get reports from todays treks, and there may be other reports dribbling in as well. Hopefully the road is still open. If it is for today's groups, I'll call DEC and see if it will stay open for the week.

Last edited:
seymour

doc mcpeak, hope you feel better for thurs. me, rick, nola and rik are game for seymour. we all seem to be coming from abl., c.p. and saratoga. keep us apprised of your situation. i think "YOU D'A MAN" with the 4 wheel van?

As I said Post-Seward, I am ready to go on Thursday for Seymour.

I'm starting to rally, but will most likely head toward Seward.

However, I'll give anyone who's at the bridge by 6:15 to 6:30 a lift in to the summer trailhead ... which I should be able to get a definitive answer on being open or not tomorrow.

So, I'm most likely bailing on Seymour for Seward and wanted to let everyone know that ... seeing how I started this thread for Seymour!

That's Winter planning for you! :rolleyes:

Seymour

I'd like to join in for 12/30. I live in Glens Falls - Rick or RIK: can I catch a ride from Exit 18 MacDonalds?