Seymour from the Winter Trailhead #46rw!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavis

Reaction score
3/14/2009
A brave member of our group was able to get us to the winter trailhead despite the nasty ice. 3 of us (who all needed Seymour for #46) left at around 7AM. As expected the road in was covered in ice. I had read about microspikes before and I must say I was most impressed with the way they handled the thin ice. It remained icey intermingled with hard pack and clear dirt all the way to the Blueberry leanto. From there on it was hardpack snow. We mostly followed the herd path to the summit except for one area to duck around a very steep icey area. Going out the snow had softened up somewhat to the Blueberry leanto.

I would NOT attempt to ski anywhere on the trail. Microspikes or Yaktrax and snowshoes necessary.

A beautiful day to finish up with incredible views and trees all glistening with ice and all of us finishing the Winter 46. It doesn't get any better.

Thanks Sharon and Peter for a great hike and company. A great finish to this list.
Mike