Short Walk In The Woods

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweeper

Reaction score
Walked up a Class 6 road up and over the ridge of hills behind our house. We cut off the raod and bushwacked to Bagley Pond. We had plan to retrace our path but decided to continue and do a loop around Windsor Mtn. From the pond we "Brushwacked" along an old logging road, then more bushwacking towards another old road, walked this one back over the ridgeline and down to the dirt road we live on and back to the house. Not much of a hike, only about 4 miles but it was my mother's 82nd brithday today. She's up from FLA for a few weeks and with all the rain she hasn't been able to get out to do her 5 miles in the morning with any regularity.
sweeper54

First of all, Happy Birthday to your mom, I hope I can still walk 5 miles a day at 52, let alone 82! Good for her, and you!
Second, sweeper huh, are you a Terry Pratchett fan?

Looks like a beautiful place to walk, and a very happy birthday (belated) to your mom. :)

chinooktrail said:
First of all, Happy Birthday to your mom, I hope I can still walk 5 miles a day at 52, let alone 82! Good for her, and you!
Second, sweeper huh, are you a Terry Pratchett fan?

First of all-I'M 52!!!!!!!!

That ain't old anymore. I can still out hike my thirtysomething sons.

Of course, my oldest is a self-abusesive, year round soccer goalie, who's alway recovering from some injury. The other left his country roots for the city and does inside sales.

So I guess that's not much of an accompishment. BUT IT STILL ISN'T OLD!

As to the name Sweeper, no, I Googled Terry, sounds like books I'd have read a while ago.

Sweeper is a four part name.

I was a Combat Engr in the Army, Sweeping for land mines was one of my jobs.

In a group, esp w/my mother, I hike in the rear helppng the slow ones.

When I hike alone, I start EARLY, I'm the guy who sweeps those cobwebs that the spiders put across the trails at night.

That and I'm a custodian by trade.

Yes, she did.

How's the hiking this year? Are you over your tendenitis?